weekly reel May 17, 2020
Hi folks. Music, with new and not-so-new Dead forest index.
I see one stone fall on one stone falling, by A dead forest index (bandcamp.com)
In all that drifts from summit down, by A dead forest index (bandcamp.com)
On the news,
- [fr] Jean-François Hotte - La Chine en avance, Trump mauvais perdant, aussi direct que fin 👍.
- Scott Alexander: Studies on Slack, on evolution and local maximums.
- The miracle sudoku, amazing to see him think through this thing. Via waxy. Twitter thread. EDIT May 25: Solving it in Prolog / HN.
- Winners of the 2020 BigPicture natural world photography competition.
- The Atlantic / Robin Sloan: The conspiracy museum.
- Kottke: Isolation helps 11-year-old skateboarder focus on training, and land the first ever 1080 on a vertical ramp.
- Director David Lynch is doing a daily weather report on YouTube. "Here in LA, we've got clouds and kinda foggy weather with some blue shining through, 62 degrees Fahrenheit..."
- David Graeber: What precisely do people mean by "getting the economy up again"? via jwz.
- Donaldese: in relaying Paul Krugman on US' incoherent COVID response, DF unearthed for me the interesting linguistic counterpart of "Post-truth politics": "Reality-based community". Also, on Trump's dementia, Seth Meyers: Trump goes off the rails on Twitter and Fox: a closer look.