weekly reel October 18, 2020
Hi geeks. This week's 🎧 is Russian Circles.
Blood Year by Russian Circles (bandcamp.com)
- [fr] Thinkerview : Albert Dupontel - Adieu les cons, transhumance suicidaire ? , ❤️ humain drôle franc intelligent Dupontel.
- Winners of the 2020 wildlife photographer of the year, via kottke.
- Kottke: The real trolley problem.
- Tech this week is mostly 🤮. Editorial note: I'm trying as much as possible to surface the good & fun stuff, and not repeat ad nauseam known levels of rot from rotten bigcorps. So, when like this week there's so much rot being mentioned anyway, it's because I think I'm seeing unseen or interesting levels of rot that deserve a line.
- jwz: Uber is using iOS push notifications to spam political ads, fuck uber.
- Facebook is locking Oculus Quest 2 owners out of their headsets, fuck facebook.
- Testimony of Tim Dawson (lead dev of said prototype) on crunch and inane management in the game industry, following the release of a cancelled Golden Axe remaster prototype.
- Ninji: presenting the world’s first HTML5 accelerator card, for high-speed web browsing 😄.