weekly reel July 14, 2012
AAAAaaaamanda Fucking Palmer made a new video, and it's awesome:
Amanda Palmer - Want it back (youtube-nocookie.com)
- Addenda to last week's The busy trap:
- Dinner with cellphone-addict friends? Make a phone stack. via marco
- Ladies and gentlemen, the Winners of the Mi-Fi microscale LEGO building contest. via boingboing
- How we gave colors names, part1, part2. via kottke, who also notes a Wikipedia article on the blue/green distinction
- Soon, your breakfast in ten minutes through Amazon. Poached eggs, please. I Want It Today, via waxy
- Hövding Invisible Bicycle Helmet, wow. via DF
- RRRRRRRROLL_GIF and mrdiv, beautiful animated GIFs. via kottke. If you're still meh about animated GIFs, Anil Dash has a great article about them.
- San Diego Accidentally Set Off All Its Fourth Of July Fireworks at Once. Thus, BOOM.
- "Achilles had trouble adjusting to office life", glorious SMBC.