late summer weekly reel August 27, 2012
Whoa hey, I got lost in three weeks of moving cardboard boxes, making movies, paddling on a lake, and grilling marshmallows. SUMMER! Anyway, Blip Crrrk Blam Chk Bang Ding:
OK Go - This too shall pass (8-bit remix) (youtube-nocookie.com)
- Q: What is the funniest way to dilapidate $440M for stock market software makers?
A: Accidentally deploy your stock market test suite into NYSE's live system.
- Moar stock exchange chaos? Watch High-Speed Trading Bots Go Berserk. via kottke
- Derek Sivers comfort zone, beautiful.
- Drugs, by Bryan Lewis Saunders. via kottke
- Big appetites. Good simple idea, great macro execution.
- What respect is in the world of software, by Dave Winer.
I respect people who ship software that's open to competition, and then write specs to show people how to compete with them. It's just like the web. People come back to places that send them away.
- Languages, Verbosity, and Java, why A little redundancy in a language is a good thing. via rc3
- Top Ten differences between White Terrorists and Others.
- SMBC tells us how discoveries happen.
- Squids dig Cypress Hill, woop woop. via kottke
- Give up: Failure is inevitable, so why delay? Hit that Give Up button and be done with all this. No need to try to finish the game. I wouldn't be impressed either way. But if you want to humor yourself you can at least try a few floors on for size. RageQuit does a nice playthrough. via waxy