weekly reel August 9, 2013
Hey geeks! An ex-WU LYF member is recording an album, and already released this gem: Francis Lung - Age Limits. Enjoy!
Francis Lung - Age limits (youtube-nocookie.com)
And on the interwebs,
- George Saunderss Advice to Graduates, beautiful speech on success and kindness. Via kottke.
- McDonalds suggested budget for employees shows just how impossible it is to get by on minimum wage, via kottke.
- Licensing in a Post Copyright World, good overview of what has been / is happening to the GPL.
- SMBC: People are weird. Procrastina-what?
- Missed Connection - m4w, Craigslist subway romance, via waxy links.
- How to convince investors, by Paul Graham, and a follow on 'formidable' by Seth Godin. Via HN.
- Shell Company Related To Cowardly Patent Troll, Nathan Myhrvolds Intellectual Ventures, Forced To Settle Frivolous Lawsuit Against One-Man Business After Law Firm Donates Nearly $200,000 Worth Of Defense, Lodsys keeps extorting.
- Product Strategy Means Saying No, good take on the product/feature/preferences dilemma, reminescent of never-ending GNOME criticism.
- Resurecting the blink tag. <Insert yay!/ohnoes! here.> At any rate, neat that it's pure CSS3. Via Planet Python.
- Happy 20th Birthday, Second Reality, via waxy links.