weekly reel September 29, 2013
In my ears this week, Bass drum of death:
Bass Drum of Death by Bass Drum of Death (bandcamp.com)
And in the wild wild news,
- Statement from Godspeed You! Black Emperor on Polaris.
- The Importance of the Afterlife. Seriously. Life after death, humanity, future. Via rc3.
- Steve Albini letter to Nirvana, sustainable business applied to punk rock. Via kottke.
- "Box" explores the synthesis of real and digital space through projection-mapping on moving surfaces, via waxy links.
- The security lesson of Touch ID, Rafe Colburn on the security/convenience tradeoff applied to Apple's new fingerprint feature.
- Designing for friendship: Shaping player relationships with rules and freedom, by Chris Bell from thatgamecompany. Via waxy links.
- Men-Ups! applies traditional pinup poses that are reserved for the female form, while still presenting the models in 'masculine' clothing. Via standblog.
- ARM64 and You , technical meat of the benefits brought by Apple's new 64bits architecture. Via rc3.
- Manyland, player-generated pixel art MMO by Philipp Lenssen. via waxy links.
- Star Wars opening crawl from 1977, done with HTML/CSS. Via kottke