2014 weekly reel January 5, 2014
Guten tag. This week I stumbled upon Sophie Hunger - Walzer für niemand, which I'm keeping at hand for next time somebody says german can't be ear-pleasing:
Sophie Hunger - Walzer für niemand (youtube-nocookie.com)
- Gore-Tex gets made without managers, via Trivium.
- Unprofessionalism; "Acting professionally and being a professional are different things".
- Pairing vs. Code Review: Comparing Developer Cultures, excellent post. Via The Changelog Weekly.
- Can-Do vs. Cant-Do Culture, good article by Ben Horowitz on naysayers and the attitude of "focusing on what the technology could not do at the time rather than what it could do and might be able to do in the future". Via The Changelog Weekly.
- My Doom 20th Anniversary Stories, good story.
- NYTimes op-ed urging clemency for Edward Snowden, via kottke.
- Delayed warning shot, best description of a 'creative process' ever. Via waxy links.
- Three-Dimensional Mid-Air Acoustic Manipulation, via kottke.
- Rafe Colburn on management.
- The Builders High, yet another (good) post on building vs. consuming/procrastinating, this time by Michael Lopp.