weekly reel March 2, 2015
New GY!BE album incoming! Joy joy joy. It's called Asunder, Sweet And Other Distress:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Asunder, sweet and other distress (w.soundcloud.com)
- Fear China and Grass Mud Horse, two posts by Craig Hockenberry from Iconfactory about weird DNS poisoning in China causing massive DDoS for random sites. Via waxy links.
- Proving that Androids, Javas and Pythons sorting algorithm (TimSort) is broken (and showing how to fix it), nice!
- Artificial intelligence goes to the arcade, on neural networks and machine learning applied to 80s video games. Also this week: Super Hexagon, OpenCV image processing applied to beating Super Hexagon.
- Meet the man who could own Aviva France, exponential portfolio growth due/thanks to a stupid contract. Via kottke.
- Sans Bullshit Sans, leveraging the synergy of ligatures. Font that auto-censors buzzwords with OpenType ligatures. Via waxy links.
- Peter Hunt Welch lists 35 things that surprised him before 35.
Comments and feedback welcome by email.