weekly reel August 1, 2015
Salut. Musique with Kiasmos, who is Ólafur Arnalds & Janus Rasmussen:
Kiasmos - Kiasmos (youtube-nocookie.com)
- Maciej Cegłowski: Web design: the first 100 years, read this. Via HN.
- Earth's most famous climate scientist issues bombshell sea level warning, via kottke.
- Interesting times in the web:
- The Bridge at Q'eswachaka: "Each year, using traditional Incan techniques, communities along a canyon in Peru rebuild a rope bridge that has been in continuous use for hundreds of years".
- Humane Development, "We are humans, working with humans, to develop software, for the benefit of humans." Via HN.
- RESTful considered harmful, via Changelog Weekly.
- Patents and copyright, oh my:
- Newegg vs. patent trolls: when we win, you win, good work and a nice ad for their business. Via HN.
- Happy Birthday copyright bombshell: new evidence Warner Music previously hid shows song is public domain, via waxy links
- Video games culture, via waxy links:
- Why are you so angry?, a thought out six-part series of videos on internet trolls, privilege, gamergate, Anita Sarkeesian.
- Men who harass women online are quite literally losers, new study finds.
- Why Docker is not yet succeeding widely in production, good stuff and good discussion in HN: "Before you know it you'll be swimming in containers upon containers. Containers will save us, they'll cry! Meanwhile you have 0 rows of data before you've paid them their first month's salary and have spent time on solving problems of scale you'll never have."
- From this week news, we can conclude 🆃🅷🅴 🅲🅻🅾🆄🅳 eats: data, money, and infidelities.
- 0day exploit on Jeeps, via waxy links.
- Trolling the KKK with a sousaphone, via waxy links.