weekly reel October 23, 2016
Hi there. Music: K.A.A.N.
Uncommon Knowledge by K.A.A.N. (bandcamp.com)
- Good curation by DF about a pathological case of Facebook filter bubble:
- Hyperpartisan facebook pages are publishing false and misleading information at an alarming rate.
- Christopher Mims on Twitter:
"I once wrote a column arguing Facebook probably hasn't led to more partisanship. I now think that's completely wrong.
I now think Facebook is contributing to the decline of western civilization. By helping spread misinformation.
We replaced civil society with self-selecting, self-reinforcing loops of affinity feeding our brains with social validation of dangerous untruth.
Our thoughts are inherently a product of our context. Facebook's filter bubble is real and the company's attempts to deny it are feeble."
- [fr/qc] IRIS :
- [fr] Mitterrand amoureux, et un article de l'Obs.
- Google has quietly dropped ban on personally identifiable web tracking, via HN.
- Great DNS talk on HN about the DDoS on Dyn (update). Also, Go source code for the Mirai botnet client (HN).
- How the web became unreadable, via HN.