weekly reel November 20, 2016
O HAI. Music with Ôntrei, Atsuko Chiba and a good'ol'Silver Mt. Zion.
Games by Ôntrei (bandcamp.com)
The Memory Empire by Atsuko Chiba (bandcamp.com)
Silver Mt.Zion - Blindblindblind (youtube-nocookie.com)
- Must reads: Kottke reminding about Umberto Eco's 14 features of fascism, and John Scalzi: The Cinemax theory of racism.
- Personal takes:
- "Post-truth" a.k.a. fake news, taking over social networks:
- jwz - Facebook: Still literally the worst.
- Zuckerberg is in denial, via HN.
- WaPo interviews a fake news profiteer, via waxy.
- Watching the election from the post-truth future.
- Guardian: Bursting the Facebook bubble, "asking voters on the left and right to swap feeds".
- Again, Umberto Eco's 14 features of fascism.
- Luigi Zingales: The right way to Resist Trump, comparing to Berlusconi.
- [fr] Sirventès du fascisme par Anne Archet : un, deux, trois.
- Around The Donald:
- The code I'm still ashamed of, on ethics. HN.
- You are not paid to write code, like the image of "Taco Bell programming". HN.
- Calvin Seibert's sand castles, via jwz.
- Daniel Stenberg: I have toyota corola, via HN.
- SMBC: The rubber duck method.