weekly reel March 19, 2017
Hi there. Music: whoaaa, Blanck Mass: World Eater.
World Eater by Blanck Mass (bandcamp.com)
- [fr] France Culture - Kamel Daoud : esprit critique. 1ère partie, 2ème partie. Remarquablement clair, direct et humain, Daoud. Merci Elsa.
- Two thought pieces on technical progress impacting our jobs:
- Is Facebook a structural threat to free society? Via HN.
- Julia Evans: So you want to be a wizard, awesome.
- [fr] IRIS : Le dogme du libre-échange.
- Kottke: A timeline map of US immigration since 1820.
- Standard Ebooks is a library of English "free and liberated ebooks, carefully produced for the true book lover". 👍👌 project, via a HN comment.
- Remaining sane in tech, by focusing on people. Via Julia Evans.
- xkcd #1810: Chat systems.
- How hipster is your musical taste?
- John Scalzi: Living in two Americas.
- Alexandra Petri / WaPo: Trumps budget makes perfect sense and will fix America, and I will tell you why, via DF who notes that "Funnier than the column itself is the fact that the White House itself promoted it, presumably because they only read the headline"
- [fr] La Presse : Visite d'une usine à fausses nouvelles, via Nouveau Projet.
Comments and feedback welcome by email.