weekly reel February 24, 2019
¡Hola! Music: SLUGish Ensemble is going places that are fun and bright, No Party For Cao Dong is pretty cool Taiwanese grunge (via the DEVOTION還願 trailer), and Dos Santos makes me like hispanohablante musica again.
An Eight Out of Nine by SLUGish Ensemble (bandcamp.com)
The Servile by No Party For Cao Dong (bandcamp.com)
Logos by Dos Santos (bandcamp.com)
On the news,
- bon appétit - My restaurant was the greatest show of excess you’d ever seen, and it almost killed me, on alcoholism among restaurant staff. Thx Isa.
- Kottke: We’re all lonely together.
- SMBC: A brief history of life online.
- SSC / Scott Alexander on surprising recent AIs: Do neural nets dream of electric hobbits? and its follow-up, GPT-2 as step toward General Intelligence, and a tongue-in-cheek-o-conclusion Meaningful. Mildly related, This person does not exist.
- DF: More apps caught sending highly personal information to Facebook.