weekly reel March 31, 2019
HelloooOOOooo ladies and gentlemen. Music, with Wand, merci Sam !
Wand - Golem (youtube-nocookie.com)
On the news,
- You here, who still uses facebook, hear this: Sam Harris - Making Sense #152 - The trouble with Facebook: A conversation with Roger McNamee. This is everything i've been rambling about Facebook for ten years now, put together by a clear-minded speaker who succeeds at keeping it simple yet technically accurate, and makes it entertaining with a slew of revealing historical anecdotes. Speaker is an early Facebook partner who exited when things got dirty. Download the interview to your mobile thing and listen! To! It! Now!
- Kottke: USA are becoming steadily less religious, wow, didn't expect this.
- SSC / Scott Alexander - Neurons & intelligence: a birdbrained perspective.
- [fr/qc] La Presse : Peu d'élèves issus de l'école publique régulière vont à l'université, thx Isa 💖.
- [fr] Agnès Giard pose de bonnes questions : Les 400 culs - « Être contre le sexisme, pas contre le sexe ».
- GQ on Bob Ross: Aviator frames and a happy little gold chain.
- Comics and jokes:
- Macs in China can no longer display the 🇹🇼 Taiwan flag emoji, via DF.
- Kottke: A map of the internet from May 1973, we've come a long way.
- Alex Bainter: Generating more of my favorite Aphex Twin track and generative.fm. Attempts at auto-generated music are rarely convincing, but this one is coooooooool. Via HN, which links to other cool stuff, like Pink Floyd - Comfortably numb (800% slower).
- Your 2019 batch of "photo-realist" game engine demos, a.k.a. how far Unreal Engine is ahead of Unity.