weekly reel May 31, 2020
Bonjour bonsoir. Music, with old new Radiohead from the Basement.
Radiohead - Lotus Flower (From the Basement) (youtube-nocookie.com)
- Knight Rider for 8 cellos, ❤.
- jwz: Today in landfill-capitalismy news: truckloads of Uber "JUMP" bikes are being destroyed during a nationwide shortage.
- The Verge: Facebook ignored its own research showing algorithms divided users.
- DF: Zuckerberg cravenly goes all-in on Trump, 🍿. EDIT June 1: Zuck faces employee blowback over ruling on Trump comments (HN), good.
- Bloomberg: The unicorns fell into a ditch, via DF.
In the old economy of price signals, you tried to build a product that people would want, and the way you knew it worked is that people would pay you more than it cost. You were adding value to the world, and you could tell because you made money. In the new economy of user growth, you don’t have to worry about making a product that people want because you can just pay them to use it, so you might end up with companies losing money to give people things that they don’t want and driving out the things they do want.
- Which makes Gruber rightfully link again to Matt Stoller: WeWork and counterfeit capitalism.