weekly reel January 9, 2022
Hi geeks. The weekly grooves are L'Éclair, merci Sam.
Sauropoda by L'Eclair (bandcamp.com)
Lots of crypto / “web3” blah this week. A selection, ordered from least to most ranty:
- Moxie - My first impressions of web3 (HN).
- Dave Troy: A historical background of cryptocurrencies and “sound money”.
- Laurie Voss - Crypto: the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Molly White: Blockchain-based systems are not what they say they are and It’s not still the early days.
- Nicholas Weaver - The web3 fraud.
- jwz swearing on Mozilla marketing after they contradict Mozilla’s own public environmental commitments, and broadening the rant with How the cryptobros have fallen. Which worked, see Mozilla stepping back (HN) and jwz: Mozilla blinked.